After Christmas, we all have new year resolutions and most of the times they concern health and fitness. In this post we will be talking about how to set a good start by cleansing our body from within.
There are times like Christmas we can not avoid overeating or overdrinking. This takes a toll in our bodies and most importantly in our energy levels. I like to follow a very simple routine that helps me to balance that up, purifying my system again.
I start my day drinking a glass of purified water with a splash of organic apple cider vinegar with the mother ( unrefined not filtered, with the mother: which is known as the good bacteria) . Below, I will explain the process I follow to make it with three simple ingredients.
Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother ( the good bacteria ) is full of goodness. These are some of its benefits:
-It contains enzymes and friendly bacteria to rebalance our digestion
-It regulates sugar levels in our blood coming from refined sugars or carbohydrates, resulting in weightloss
-It helps reducing bad cholesterol and triglycerides
If this is familiar to you, you have probably used Braggs, a great product I have tried myself, but making your own is simple and easy.
These are the 3 ingredients you will need:
- 1 glass jar (1 liter capacity approx)
- Pure filtered water
- Organic apples or even better, the peels and cores of the apples
- Organic unrefined sugar
These are the steps you need to follow:
- Fill the jar ( 30% capacity ) with the peels and apple cores or alternatively grab a couple of apples and chop them.
- Add 8 to 10 spoonfuls of sugar.
- Last but not least, fill the jar with water, stir well with a wooden or plastic spoon. NEVER use any metallic utensil during this process ( this will stop the fermentation process). Let it set in a dark dry mild temperature place, avoid extreme temperatures changes and cover the jar with a muslin/cotton cloth (it needs oxygen to help with the fermentation process).
It will be ready within 2 to 3 weeks. Once the vinegar achieves the desired strength and taste, simply filter and transfer it into a new jar. You will be amazed how pure and delicious your organic apple cider vinegar is.
Cheers to a glass of purified water with a splash of your vinegar in the morning ladies!