Have you ever heard of digestive enzymes? In this post we will talk about why they are so important and how we can naturally include them in our diets. As humans, we eat food, nowadays a lot of processed food, but our digestive system won’t absorb food, it will only absorbs nutrients. As you may know, the food we eat, needs to be broken down into its own nutrients, such as: amino acids (from proteins), simple sugars (from carbohydrates), cholesterol (from fats), as well as vitamins and minerals. Therefore, digestive enzymes are the ones responsible for the break down of our food into nutrients-so that our bodies can absorb them.
If we don’t have enough digestive enzymes, we can’t break down food—which means even though we’re having a healthy diet, we aren’t absorbing all the good nutrients we need.
Therefore, enzymes play an important role in having a healthy gut, and this is important for many reasons:
- It optimizes the absorption of nutrients that feeds our entire being, by increasing growth and cell regeneration.
- It aids in food digestions after each meal, avoiding bloatiness, heartburn and gases.
- It will help us shine! Yes, it will, we will have a better looking skin, hair, nails…
- Our energy levels will increase.
- It will help in clearing our minds.
So, how can we have a healthy gut? The answer is simple: introducing natural enzymes into our system.
One of the most natural powerful enzymes are pineapple enzymes– the results, when taken, are really amazing.
This is what you will need to produce your own pineapple enzymes:
- An organic pineapple
- Filtered, spring mineral water
- Raw organic sugar
- Get a clean, sterile glass jar, preferably a big one of approx 1.5l capacity.
- Add your pineapple, cut in chunky pieces ( I personally like to mash the pineapple and turn this into pulp ), pour in the water until the pineapple is covered completely.
- Finally, add 10 spoonfuls of sugar. Cover the jar with a muslin cloth and store in a dry dark place in your pantry for at least three to four weeks. Do not stir with a metal tool, only use wood or plastic, metal will stop any bacteria growth, which is what we are trying to achieve here.
Drink the liquid resulted from the fermentation in the mornings, I like to take a small shot. Please be aware, it may contain a little alcohol % due to the fermentation process turning the enzyme liquid in a pontential alcoholic beverage.
This is simply magic, having a healthy gut is key for optimal health. I refer to fermented foods as “medicine”.
More recipies to follow…stay tuned.
Stay well and gogloow : )