The life changing magic of tidying up, by Marie Kondo, has been a number one New York Times Bestseller. I have wanted to sit down and read it for a long time but I never seemed to find the moment. Now, I have recently finished it and I think this is a must read for everyone. It literally clears up your mind. It helps you find balance in your life, in your home. Your house will be cleaner and tidier and you will learn to live with what you love and nothing else.
If you haven’t read it, you must. Such a good and easy read.
I have highlighted some fragments of the book to give you a sneak peek. Here are some of “my life changing” sentences:
- “Start by discarding, all at once, intensely and completely”.
- “Before you start, visualize your destination: thinking in concrete terms so that you can vividly picture what it would be like to live in a clutter-free space”.
- Ask yourself: Does it spark joy? If it does, keep it, if it doesn’t, discard.
- “Tide by category not spaces, starting with clothing”.
- “Sometimes means never: If you are thinking you might sometimes re -read that book, that means never”. Lol, this made me laugh.
Life-changing book that will make you live in a happier place. 🙂
If you are thinking of buying it, here is a direct link to it.