You should know by now that we are huge fans of spices, and one of our favorite ones is Cinnamon. It’s a delicious and intense spice, known not only for it’s common use in baking but also for its magical health properties. It’s loaded with powerful anitoxidants, loaded with highly potent polyphenol antioxidants. It’s considered one magical “super spice” and these are all the benefits it has when it’s consumed:
Cinnamon helps to:
- Lower the cholesterol and sugar levels in Type II Diabetic patients
- Diminish gases, therefore aids in digestion
- Have a good dental health. It also helps with mouth wounds/ulcers and. toothaches
- Fight chronic bronchitis ( helps keeping a good respiratory track )
- Fight infections and viruses- extremely anti-bacterial
- Fight free radicals, slowing down the aging process. It’s a strong antioxidant
- Protect the liver
Nutritional values ( in order from high to low in percentage) :
- B6 Vitamin B complex
- Vitamin A and C
Start adding cinnamon to your desserts, yogurts, sliced apples, teas, milk, juices…sprinkle the magic.
I just had a lemon and ginger tea with some sprinkled cinnamon and then I enjoyed this delicious greek yogurt with cinnamon. So delicious and healthy.
Go gloow, inside-out.