For all of you with busy agendas, and almost no time to cook, I have a quick and very healthy recipe for you. You will only need to place the chickpeas in a bowl with water the night before.
This is what I used for today’s soup:
- Half a bag of chickpeas (around 200 gr)
- One thinly sliced carrot
- Half a bag of frozen organic chopped spinach
- Half an onion
- In a pot, cook the onion using some olive oil. Once brown, add the spinach and the chickpeas. Sauté everything adding salt and paprika. (In today’s soup I also added a bit of ginger).
- Add enough water to cover it all (Whenever I have chicken broth, I use half broth and half water to cook).
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until chickpeas are tender. Once they are, soup is ready. Enjoy!
(You can always add spices to your own personal taste).