I had never had a bliss ball, neither had I heard about them, but once I had, I was obsessed. So obsessed that I researched and tried several recipes until I found the one that I liked most. They’re so so GOOD!!!
I used my Thermomix to make my bliss balls, but you can use any food processor, as long as it’s powerful enough to crush all the ingredients.
Are you wondering what Matcha is? Matcha is a fine green tea powder, which has many health benefits and it’s supposed to be even better than regular green tea, because you’re eating the whole leaf :-). It has 137 times more antioxidants than regular brewed tea. It’s well known to boost metabolism, burn calories, detoxify, and provide multiple vitamins necessary for our system.
I found inspiration on Frankie’s Feast recipe and I used it to do my own:
- 1 cup of 120 grams of dates
- 1 cup or 165 grams of raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon or 20gr of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons or 10gr of matcha powder
If using Thermomix:
- Add all ingredients to the Thermomix bowl and turn to speed 9 for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the side of the bowl and repeat once or twice, until the mixture is blended and feels sticky enough. Then you will know it’s ready to make balls.
- Roll mixture into balls and store in fridge.
You may freeze them too, if you decide to make more quantity.
If you are not using a Thermomix, it’s recommended to soak the dates for 20 minutes before crushing them.
You can also crush some coconut flakes and use that to roll the balls and cover them with coconut flakes. (That’s just optional).
Hope you enjoy the recipe. I sure can’t live without them now.
Take care and go gloow!