- 8 medium red, yellow, or orange bell peppers (about 4 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons EVOO
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup sliced french beans
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained- or homemade tomato sauce.
- 1 cup shredded emmenatl cheese (4 ounces)
First of all, preheat your oven to 375F or 180 C.
- First cook the filling. Sautée the diced onions, with the meat and sliced green beans. Add tomato sauce or diced tomatoes. Add salt & pepper and any other spice you like.
- Once cooked set aside
- Cut the peppers in half- place on a baking tray with aluminum foil underneath
- Stuff the peppers with the mixture
- Sprinkle cheese over the peppers
- PLace baking tray with peppers inside oven and bake for around one hour. Bake until the peppers are softened but not mushy.
Hope you enjoy it. Your house will smell heavenly.