These burgers are so delicious you will want to make them constantly. They are packed with protein and healthy ingredients. Here is the recipe:
Ingredients you will need for burger:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (to cook)
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium to large sweet potato
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (mine was 300gr )
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
On a skillet add onions and garlic and saute until soft and a bit brownish. Remove from heat. With a fork, make holes to the sweet potato and place in microwave for about 3-4 minute. Do not overcook or the sweet potato will harden.
Mix on a food processor, onions, garlic, chickpeas, sweet potato, cilantro, parsley, salt, cumin, and chili powder and combine until smooth with some chunks.
Combine with cooked quinoa.
Make patties and place in the fridge for the to bind together.
After some minutes, cook on the same skillet, with some olive oil,until brown on both sides.
Eat with spicy yogurt sauce.
- For spicy yogurt sauce:
- 2 teaspoons @Espicy Siracha or any type or siracha.
- 1 cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon @Espicy honey
These spicy sauces are so good that I can’t recommend them enough. Here is a link to their webpage.