Dinners are usually a lighter version of my lunch. I have dinner around 7:30pm, with my girls and husband and we usually enjoy having lots of vegetables. Tonight we made a fun version, “The Asian Mexican Taco Boats”. I think you will enjoy this recipe too.You will need some ingredients though, so get yourself a pen and a paper and make sure to write them down:
- 6 medium bibb lettuce or similar
- 3/4 walnuts
- 1 scallion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 leaf Kale
- 1 tbsp peanut satay sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Corn mexican tortillas (Mine were from Komali)
- Chop the walnuts in processor with a tbsp of grapeseed oil to moisten walnuts.
- On a pan, heat a tbsp of olive oil and add diced bell pepper ,scallions and kale. Cook until veggies are soft. Add the sesame oil, tamari, peanut satay sauce and orange juice. Stir well.
- Add walnut mix and combine all.
- Spoon the filling into each individual lettuce. Sprinkle with cilantro and top with some spicy mayo.
Hope you enjoy it!!
Save and share the inspo by tagging me @gogloow